The Special Needs Housing program was designed by the state to provide housing with specialized support services for persons with mental illness/disability or developmental disability. BHA owns three “shared home” buildings and leases them to the non-profit organization Vinfen. The service agencies provide the necessary staff and programming to deliver resident support, social/community programs, and more. To learn more about available programs and eligibility requirements to reside in Special Needs Housing contact your local area office of the DMH or the DDS. The BHA does not select residents for these programs.

  • Click here to find your local area DMH Office 

  • Click here to find your local area DDS Office

Special Needs Residences